BECOMING A MEMBER
AgX is continually seeking new members! We value an open and diverse membership and welcome filmmakers, photographers, artists, inventors and other curious souls who have an interest in sharing access to tools and resources for their personal work, in addition to those who have a desire to participate in the collective's workshops, work-in-progress screenings, and member meetings. Members don't need an extensive background in film or video to join AgX – only a desire to share, inspire, and learn.
AgX MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES
Benefits to AgX membership include:
- Ability to participate in monthly member meetings and the collective decision-making process
- Inclusion on the AgX member list-serve
- Access to the darkroom, chemistry, cameras, flatbed editors, and other collective equipment
- Opportunity to participate in regular work-in-progress screenings
- Opportunity to participate in member-only filmmaking workshops
- Discounts on regularly occurring public filmmaking workshops
- Ability to learn from and collaborate with other local moving-image artists
- Commitment to the collective's values of open access, shared knowledge and collaboration.
- Commitment of around 2-5 or more hours per month contributing to AgX activities that support our basic operations including workshops, equipment training / orientation, work-in-progress screenings, space maintenance, web design, social media outreach, public screenings, community partnerships, and administrative duties.
- Commitment to sustaining these activities through payment of monthly membership dues.
We ask that all members contribute by making monthly dues payments, which provide crucial support to cover the cost of rent ($1800/month), utilities (approx $200/month), and other ongoing expenses associated with the general operations and upkeep of our space. In these early stages while we work to grow our membership base and normalize funding, we can use all the help we can get.
We have created these guidelines for dues with an understanding that the financial situation of each member may vary widely; We suggest a payment of $40 per month for most members, and $25 per month for those who cannot afford the higher level.
If the lower recommended level would also pose a hardship for you, any amount you are able to pay is helpful, in addition to any volunteer hours you are able to offer. If you can afford to pay more than the recommended amounts laid out here, we also encourage you to contribute at a higher level; You will be helping immensely to keep this great community resource afloat as we move toward a sustainable future.
Interested in membership? Just send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you're interested or if you have any questions. In your e-mail, do let us know what your areas of interest and/or experience are (beginners welcome!) and how you'd like to get involved. One of our current members will get back to you by phone or e-mail to follow up.